Wednesday, July 19, 2006

mid-blog crisis

I'm having a mid-blog crisis. Maybe it's because a bunch of people have started blogs and they are way better than mine. Maybe it's part of the nature of a blog to run a course, then to just turn into the same sort of predictable, boring stuff. Maybe it's because I don't like the angle my blog has taken recently, and there is just way too much pressure to keep that up. Maybe it's because I have nothing more to say. Or maybe it's time for me to move into a different medium, say TV, or movies? Or maybe it's because I know exactly what I want my blog to be, I just don't have the ready resources and capital to get it going. I guess I could end it all now (the blog), and leave my Taylor Clark experience as my last public blog expression. But that doesn't feel right. If you don't have anything to say, then you shouldn't say anything, right? But then, I have never had anything to say, and that hasn't stopped me from saying lots of things. Well, if nothing else, this post has convinced me that it is time to look into more, and more complicated TV and movie roles.

5 comments:

  1. I think you would make a great professional wrestler. We'd have to work on the wrestling part. But you'd bring a fresh look to the sport and give a great interview. You'd be the intellectuals' wrestler, bringing in that missing Ivy League demographic.

    To show people what I'm talking about, go ahead and list some of the insults you make to the other wrestlers and/or their fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw don't stop blogging. your blog is like a lobster.

    even if you only post once in a while it's always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you just need another Muse. Mo is a great Muse and he does look fantastic in a toga, but he's in Rhode Island now. It's hard to focus on his beauty when all you have is a small faded wallet size picture to look at. Trust me, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:57 AM

    please don't stop blogging, ben!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Ben, you're great. You are smart, funny, and people like you. The world would be so different if you weren't in it. I would have the longest hair if you would not have come into my life lo these 10 years.

    ReplyDelete